- First rule is that there are no rules. Guidelines. Yes. But if you feel great in your body in the clothes that you have on, at this exact moment, then read no further.
- Follow our guidelines, but, some days? Color outside the lines if you're feelin' it. Try something new. Or reach for an od fave and see how it feels on the new bod.
- Flowy over Fitted. Looser top, skinny bottoms. Done. Cute.
- Fitted over Fitted. The bump is your best accessory, flaunt it mama! Rock ALL of those curves!
- Looser over fitted over fitted. Did we lose you there? This can be a great way to embrace the bump for those who aren't feeling like embracing the butt. Take the above fitted over fitted, and add a looser layer. Not only can this cover your less fave body parts-hello hips and butt, it also creates a vertical line which elongates your silhouette:) Our bet? You'll feel great.
- Fitted over flowy, or less fitted. Think boyfriend jeans, looser trousers or coulottes, flowy maxi skirts or shorter a-line skirts.
4. It is most difficult, not impossible, but hardest, to look good in Flowy over Flowy. If you hated fitted before, do not assume that you will hate it now. Try a fitted over less fitted option. If you absolutely want flowy over flowy we suggest working with dresses more than separates. If you want to do separates-tuck your flowy to into the under the bump waistband of your looser bottom. Seriously. It's cute, although it can get tricky in later months. If you do looser over looser, another thing to do is make certain to show some of your body-feature your ankles, clavicle and wrists, and bring the attention up with a scarf or necklace. Maybe even throw a belt under the belly to give yourself a little shape. You have a great shape. Embrace it, eh? What the heck? (Thanks to Melissa, above, for modeling a look that we didn't yet have a shot of.) Challenge yourself to feel good- bump & beyond. A happy-with-how-she-looks mom is a happier mom. We really do love what we do-stop in and let us style you. Not near us? E-mail us and we'll send you a personal stylist form and get you on the road to loving the bump- email@example.com.