Why Shop Small?
Posted on November 25 2016
So, really? Why shop small?
1. It's basic economics, shopping at locally owned small shops is good for the community you live in.
There are lots of numbers out there on this. According to most sources, 70% of dollars spent in a locally owned, independent stores stay in your community, that number drops to 43% if you shop big, and 0% if you shop online.
2. Historically, two-thirds of net new jobs in this country are created by small business. Small firms are also responsible for over half of national GDP.
There’s nothing small about that.
3. Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
Yup. Talk to us about the non-profits we support. Got a suggestion to add to our list? Small businesses listen.
4. Have more fun!
Small businesses know their clients and work hard to curate a selection that works for those clients. Women come in every day and thank us for putting everything in one place for them. Seriously. Not lying. Look at our Yelp reviews. See how often people use the word "love" when describing their feelings towards our shop, it's a little crazy honestly. We are honored.
5. It's so much less stressful to wander Sacramento Street, or Town & Country Village or West Third Street and get the perfect gifts for yourself and your loved ones, and then that teacher too, and the coach, and..... Breathe in the air, relax a little, connect with real live people.
6. You're unique and individual, your friends and family are special to you, get them something that reflects that. Don't big box yourself in!
They're worth it! You're worth it! Small businesses carry things that you can't find everywhere else.
How can we help? What can we do? We are here for you. Small but mighty.